no-one to blame but myself

I can’t even blame javascript this time. :(

The following post was written in early December, and somehow, while I was waiting to take some pics to post, I lost track of it …

Take yourself back in time to December 6th …

What a bother grad school is sometimes ;)  Just when I have all this gift knitting to do I have these final projects to work on.  Juggling the two is going to be interesting.

My cataloging final is partially done.  I’ve created all the records for the items in Connexion browser, but I really need to check them over with a fine-toothed comb for errors and to see if any of them are missing anything.  My final project for Web Development is coming along swimmingly.  Knit one, find one (a knitting pathfinder) just needs some minor JavaScript tweaking - I love the way I say that in such a blasé fashion. ;)  I’m looking forward to moving it to a permanent home at the Handknit Librarian site and making some minor changes to it (some of the effects were really just for the class and might come out).  Eventually, this blog will migrate there as well.  I’m hoping to cover booties, blog, pathfinder, portfolio, etc. – all linked off the main page.

Despite all this, some knitting progress has been made.  Vivian is proceeding well.  Still not sure if I’ll get it finished in time, but there is hope.

One pair of fetchings is done:

And another pair of mitts is underway:

One hat is also done:

And several others are queued up.  I just need a little bit more yarn for those – story of my life, hah!

The Wavy Wimple has been started and will be quick work if I can ever get to it!

In non-Christmas knitting, the flower power hat is done and the booties are underway.  These are a gift for Mandy from my Bama cohort.  I thought the baby wasn’t due until the end of the month, but I found out last week that she’s having a C-section on the 14th.  Should have the booties done by tonight or tomorrow and get it all in the mail this week :)

The tuxedo booties, after languishing on the needles on the needles for a while, are done but not seamed.  Still, they’re done enough to have finished the rewrite of the pattern and that’s posted for sale on Ravelry.

The French flag booties are done and are très cute:

Christmas has been and gone …

… and I finished Mum’s scarf, as well as …

… 2 pairs of watermelon booties …

… 1 pair of tuxedos …


… a scarf for me …

… and Zach’s mitts (in the nick of time).

Underway now, a vest for Dad’s birthday and socks for Dad for Christmas (no pics yet). Much yarn has been ordered, so there should be no reason to have a lull in projects. I have a full schedule of knitting planned for the year. Fingers crossed.

Some progress …


Three pairs of denim booties are finished and listed at etsy. It looks like I can get 4 pairs from a single ball. Of course they’re darker than the ones that already sold at etsy – this is different yarn! This is Regia Mini Ringel, and those were Regia Jacquard Color. Doh!

The tuxedos are sewn up and listed.

I bought some great sock yarn from See Jayne Knit Yarns at etsy. Zach picked this out for his Christmas socks. He wanted something tie-dye-ey. I’ll post a pick when it gets here.

Finally started Drake’s Steel Yard mitts. Hopefully I’ll get those done fairly quickly so I can start Phoebe’s socks.

Too many things started … not enough finished

Well, I’m in middle of multiple Denim booties. The problem with these is because they’re done in a self-striping yarn, and they’re so small, they come out looking like mismatched pairs. I’ve decided to knit multiple single booties (also a good exercise in working out how many I’ll get from a ball of yarn), and then see if I can match them up. Already the ones I’ve been knitting are much darker than the pair I sold at etsy … not sure why. The single bootie I managed out of the tiny remains of a skein is almost all dark gray/blue.

Other booties that need to be tackled: black cats, another pair of pumpkins to sew up, tuxedos to sew up, and start thinking about Christmassy ones.

My (ginormous) felted tote still needs the handle sewn on before I give it a trial. Pics to follow if it’s successful.

Drake’s Steel Yard mitts need to be started, as does George’s Windowpane scarf (I would have sworn that I found the pattern for this at knitpicks, but I can’t see it there now – I hope I printed it out!).

That’s not to mention Phoebe’s socks (in this fabulous colour from Razzy Tazzy Knits), Phoebe’s sweater (Tubey, but I don’t have all the yarn yet), Mum’s wrap (which I’m combining patterns for), and the fool idea I had that everyone would get a pair of socks this Christmas.

So … priorities …

  • tote finished
  • mitts started
  • pumpkin booties sewn up and listed on etsy
  • denim booties finished
  • tuxedo booties finished, pics taken, and listed
  • black cats – experiment with ears
  • Phoebe’s socks: start
  • Tubey for Phoebe: start
  • scarf for George: start
  • wrap for Mum: start


Ouch!