So, I’m reknitting the strawberry booties so that I can make sure the pattern works before I put it up for sale on Ravelry. I wasn’t ever completely happy with the shape of the finished booties, so after knitting one test pair the original way, I decided to alter the pattern a bit to make them shaped more like the other booties I make.
Here’s where the stupid comes in. I couldn’t figure out why they (both test pairs) looked so freaking big. Last night I finally peered at the tiny print on the Clover bamboo knitting needles. US2. Not US1, as they should be, but US2. I managed to knit them on the wrong sized needles TWICE!
Oh, graduate school, you have a lot to answer for with this whole brain-eating phenomenon.
Back to the drawing board with the right needles …