Getting close to the end!
This is the ungrateful one’s (or her boyfriend’s) un-Noro scarf in Moda Dea Tweedle Dee. She wanted something in these colours and I was lucky enough to find plenty of each colour from two different Ravelers. One of them kindly sent an extra skein in a different colour and the girl has already knit herself a scarf out of it with some DIC Classy leftovers scavenged from my stash. All I have to do now is get her beyond garter stitch and she’ll be over on the dark side with the rest of us.
That’s the second last scarf this year (I’ll knit another the same for Chris for Christmas), so the total will be 12 for the year. Not exactly one each month as far as when they were knitted, but it averages out that way.
As far as other knitting goes … well, it is the end of November so the manic Christmas knitting is in full swing. Here’s what I plan to knit between now and December 24th (crazy person goal items are in italics):
- Un-Noro for the ungrateful one: underway
- Un-Noro for the boyfriend: next
- Jackson’s “Alive, alive-O!” fish hat; underway except that I apparently live in some kind of alternate reality where 0.2 of a skein of Knit Picks Swish Worsted in black is enough to do all the black stripes. Alas, I’ve had to order more from KP, which necessitated buying just over $50 worth of stuff total to get the free shipping.
- Botanic for Wright: done!
- Super-simple fast & easy chunky hand-knit beret for the ungrateful one: I will have enough of the Moda Dea Tweedle Dee left to do one of these in gray, I think.
- Botanic (I think) for the boyfriend
- Botanic (again!) for the architect
- Botanic (I should be able to knit this in my sleep by now) for the boy
- Dashing in machine wash and dry Wool-Ease for the architect: underway
- Hive Mitts for our stupendous student aide at work (yarn ordered as part of KP “must get just over $50″ shopping spree)
- Dashing (ditto machine wash & dry) for the boyfriend
- Dashing (ditto care and knitting in sleep) for the boy
- As yet unknown pattern for the ungrateful one
So, that’s only 2 more scarves, 5 hats, 5 pairs of mitts, 1 dog coat, and 2 coffee cozies to go, right?
Oh, and the Chiral cardigan I’ve done a gauge swatch and bought buttons for. The buttons are just beautiful.
They’re lead-free pewter in an Argyle pattern from Roosterick on etsy. Not only are they lovely, but they come beautifully packaged, so they’d make great gifts for other knitters.
Oh, and finishing the ungrateful one’s blanket in time for her 21st a few days after Christmas. Thankfully, that’s nearly done. I’m halfway around the i-cord edging and it moves along pretty quickly.
We won’t even mention the work I have to do for the final hours of my internship and the paper yet to be written.
Or the Maryjanes booties I took an order for yesterday …