… are kicking my butt.
On a brighter note, I have come up with a great topic for my final project for this class (Intermediate Web Development). I’m going to do a knitting pathfinder :) I’ve already started gathering resources and playing around with designs and colours. I’m really looking forward to this!
In Vino Wisteria had some highs and lows yesterday. I finally finished the body, cast off, and tried it on and it fits beautifully and looks wonderful!
Venus de Milo
I started the first sleeve, determined to get really moving on this and get it done. It’s a great sweater for fall and winter.
The skein I started at the top of the sleeve looks totally different to the shoulder colour – it’s like a distinct darker stripe. I’m going to have to rip it back to a couple of rows from where I started and alternate skeins (with my fingers crossed that the other skein is lighter and more like the body colour). I’m going to wind the other skein today, then sit down in daylight to assess whether the alternating strategy is going to work.
I started a Chevron scarf last week as a mindless project to do here and there. I’m liking it, but it is boring to knit.
I also started Brainless socks (which look like they require considerable brain power) as a portable project. They make take a while.
I also started my first assignment as a layout editor for Library Student Journal. I’m pretty excited to be doing this as I get to use skills I already have and learn about Dublin Core style metadata. I’m a little bit nervous about the possibility of having to write abstracts for articles, but I’ll deal with that when I get to it.